Everyone has old pairs of holey tights lying around that we can be bothered throwing out. Sometimes they have shrunk in the wash or sometimes the elastic has gone. Instead of throwing them all out before buying a new stock, organise your tights drawer and reuse your old pairs using some of the ideas below. In this article we have got 11 ingenious ideas for you to use old tights in everyday life!
1) Freshen up your old shoes by rubbing them with an old pair of tights.
This will remove dirt and marks which have become embedded in your shoes. This little trick might help to save an old pair of shoes that you though were on the way out!
2) Cut a section of your tights and use it to softly exfoliate your skin
You can soak your tights with your cleanser and use it to clean and exfoliate your skin. At least with this tip you will not need to but an exfoliator or use up sugar from the kitchen: an old pair of tights will do the job!
3) Fill one leg of your tights with pot-pourri and then put it into a drawer or a cupboard where it will smell nice.
You can make your own pot-pourri with petals, pine cones, sticks of cinnamon…
4) If you have sanded wood use a pair of tights to avoid getting a skelf!
Cover your hand with the leg of the light and rub the worked surface of the wood. If it sticks to the wood you could risk getting a splinter so it is better if you try and sort it before using the piece of furniture or wood you are working on.
5) Use can use tights to make stuffing for your homemade decorations!
Whether it is a cushion, bear or a toy for your dog, you can use tight to help you make your creative projects.