The bases for beautiful skin are good cleaning and good hydration (externally with moisturisers and internally by drinking enough water). In the mornings, washing your face removes any sweat, saliva and dirt that has built up during the night. In the evenings, washing your face gets rid of any impurities or residues from pollution. However, the skin on your face needs to be treated very gently, and we advise against using the products you buy in the shops, which often contain harmful ingredients. Today we are suggesting a more universal solution (because it works on all skin types), which is also more natural, less aggressive and simpler. All it involves is washing your face with honey!
Why use honey?
- Honey cleans the skin without removing the skin’s natural moisture, which helps balance the production of oils in oily or combination skin. (Such skin types can naturally produce excess oils, but this is made worse by the aggressive products we apply).
- Honey also hydrates the skin, and works well on all skin types -even very dry skin.
- It is an antibacterial and natural probiotic, which works wonders for various types of skin breakouts and fights against acne.
- It is gentle on sensitive skin and gently fights against rosacea and eczema.
- It helps fight wrinkles.
What you need:
- An unfiltered, unpasteurised organic honey. For skin that is prone to acne, go for Manuka honey, which is even more antibacterial and healing.
1) Heat a half a teaspoon of honey in your hands. Add a few drops of water to make it more fluid if necessary.
2) Gently massage it into your face to promote blood circulation.
3) Optional: You can leave it to work for 10 minutes as a mask to get even more benefits.
4) Rinse it off with lukewarm water. Even if honey feels sticky, it rinses off easily! Pat your face dry.