Those who struggle with dry skin know how difficult it is find a good product to really nourish the skin. And if you have the misfortune of loving products that don’t have a list of ingredients as long as your arm and which smell good, the search for the ideal care can quickly become compromised or, in any case, quite complicated! Making your own body butter at home is a good idea as the ingredients are all good for you!
Here is a vanilla scented body butter recipe which is rich, soft and generally appreciated by everyone! If it is not your cup of tea, you can chose another extract which is more to your liking. If you want to give it to someone as a present you can use a lovely pot that you can decorate as you like with stickers and ribbons.
What you need:
- 120 g shea butter
- 60 g coconut oil
- 60 ml soft almond oil (jojoba oil and argan oil also work)
- 10 ml of vanilla extract
- A glass or metal pot
- Optional: vitamin E to improve it’s durability
Choose organic products and quality products where possible to create a care product that will make all the difference.
1) In a pan, melt the coconut oil and shea butter on a low heat and mix continuously without stopping. (Never boil the mixture or heat it on too high a temperature.)
2) Remove from the heat and pour the mixture into a glass or metal pot. Add the oil and the vanilla extract and stir into the mixture making sure it is well incorporated)
3) You won’t be able to have a butter like consistency when the liquid is still hot so place everything into the freezer for about 15 minutes so that it can start to solidify.
4) Mix again at full speed until the mixture is at the same time fluffy and solidified.
5) Place in a pot.