Do you use gmail, and have you sent an email you didn’t mean to send? Ooops! It wasn’t meant to be sent like that! (Or to that person…..) With this simple tip, have no more fear! You can finally undo sending an email!
How to do it:
Recall an email with Undo Send
If you turn “Undo Send” on, you can retract a message right after you sent it.
First, turn on Undo Send
- On your computer, open Gmail.
- In the top right, click Settings Settings.
- In the “Undo Send” section, check the box next to “Enable Undo Send.”
- Go to the “Send cancellation period” section, set the amount of time you want to decide if you want to unsend an email.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
Credit: Gmail screenshot
Undo sending your message
After you turn on Undo Send, you can cancel sending an email.
- After you send a message, you’ll see the message “Your message has been sent” and the option to Undo or View message.
- Click Undo.
And there you go! Just like that! When you send a mail, just click undo, and your mail will reappear at the bottom of the screen where you can edit it. Easy, huh?