Unfortunately, the cold weather is no friend of our skin. It aggravates it, tires it and dries it out, meaning your skin can end up losing its lustre. And while applying a moisturiser suited to your skin type is a must, there is nothing like a face mask once or twice a week for deep hydration and care. Here is how to make a fantastic home made face mask to hydrate and pamper your poor tired skin.
What you need:
- 2 teaspoons of pink clay (softer and gentler on the skin than green clay, and it won’t dry out the skin)
- 3 teaspoons of organic natural yoghurt (which regulates skin pH)
- ½ teaspoon of jojoba oil (which regulates the production of sebum and evens out the skin tone)
- 1 drop of Palmarosa essential oil (to be avoided for pregnant women)
- 70% alcohol
1) Use the alcohol to disinfect all the tools you are going to use for the preparation. This will guarantee that there are no impurities in your mixture.
2) Start by pouring the yoghurt into a bowl and add the jojoba oil. Stir it with care.
3) Add the pink clay and continue stirring until you have a smooth paste.
4) Introduce the essential oil and mix it in.
5) Apply the paste to your skin, avoiding the delicate eye area, and leave it to work for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing it off.