We have proven to you more than once how easy it is to concoct a natural exfoliator. There are many other natural, delicious and rich scrubs that can be found on our website. But with the cold weather, nothing is better for morale than a scrub that smells of delicious coconuts and summer! As well as having warm and relaxing smell, this scrub will make your skin rough soft, moisturized, relieved and protected while maintaining an ideal pH for your skin.
What you need:
- 15 g of grated coconut
- 75 g of coconut sugar
- Between 100 and 150 g of Coconut oil
- Airtight container, clean and sterilised
1) Melt the oil in a bain maire or the microwave
2) Mix the sugar and grated coconut in a bowl. Make sure there are no lumps in the mixture.
3) Next add the oil and mix carefully. Adapt the quantities to you taste: For a more liquid and softer exfoliator add more oil. However if you’d prefer to give your body a good scrub you could perhaps add more sugar.
4) Transfer the mixture into your pot.
How to use the product:
Remove a little of the exfoliator and then scrub your skin using circular movements. You can use it all over your body on your feet, hands, feet and arms… However you should avoid your face. Although some people’s face suits the oil as a make up remover or as a moisturiser others find that the oil can make them break out in spots. Anyway this scrub is to strong for the face and delicate areas.
Good to know:
You can use brown or castor sugar to replace coconut sugar if you don’t have it. Coconut sugar is a nice alternative as it is more environmentally friendly than the others. As well as it’s subtle flavour it is also better than refined sugar for your health as it has more minerals, vitamins and low glycemic index. However it is still a sugar so it is all the same high in calories and should also be eaten in moderation.