Hot weather not only makes us trickle with sweat, feel uncomfortable and suffer from heavy legs, it can also make our feet swell up like little Michelin men. Over the course of the day we can start to feel restricted in our sandals that start to imprint marks onto our feet and our big toe turns into and unattractive sausage that makes walking fairly tricky. If this is something that you can sometime suffer from here is a solution that will help to relive swollen feet quickly!
What you need:
- A sachet of sodium chloride or nigari salts (20 g or 2 tablespoons)
- A basin
- Optional: a few sage leaves (to help reduce sweating)
If you prefer essential oils you can use 10 drops of cypress essential oil and 5 drops of lemon essential oil!
1) Fill your basin with warm water.
2) Dilute your water with your sodium chloride.
3) Soak your feet in this solution for around 15 minutes and relax.
4) Once you have soaked your feet take time to dry them carefully.
Some extra pieces of advice to care for your feet:
- Freshen your feet by giving them a blast of water from the shower varying the temperature and going from low to high. Don’t do this with ice cold water.
- Raise your legs by putting them upright against the wall or by putting them on another chair if you are sitting down. At night, put a pillow under your feet.
- Watch your weight, reduce your consumption of fatty foods and favor foods rich in antioxidants (omega-3, vitamins C and E) and foods that are good for the blood vessels (fish, white chicken, peppers, red fruits, tomatoes ..