Unfortunately over time our eyes are more likely to get swollen. However, at any age, waking up with swollen eyes is understandably annoying. This is when this easy to make serum can come in really handy! This recipe uses two ingredients that you can find in the kitchen. Lemon juice give your skin a boost with vitamin C. The juice of a raw tomato is also excellent as this super food is rich in vitamins and minerals. If the juices have been chilled nicely you’ll have an excellent detox mixture for unblocking those annoying bags.
What you need:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cotton wool
1) Remove the juice from half a cherry tomato and add the same amount of lemon juice. There is no need to remove the seeds. Mix everything together.
2) Put everything into the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes if the lemon and tomatoes haven’t just come from the fridge. A cold temperature is important if it is going to have an effect on the blood vessels and reduce any swelling.
3) Dip a piece of cotton wool into the serum and apply it onto the area you’d like to treat making sure not to put anything into your eyes. Due to it’s liquid consistency, you might need dip it in two or three times so that you have the right quantity.
4) Pat the serum into your skin with your ring finger. (This is the least muscular finger so it is softer around the contour of the eye.)
5) After you have left it for 10 to 15 minutes, rinse your face with water or with a dampened cloth. Moisturise the contour of your eye.