Wooden floors have a particular charm about them but with time they can lose their tidy appearance. Scratches start to appear in places and discoloured marks stain the floor. A nice looking wooden floor needs some special maintenance. That’s why it is always good to have some helpful tips to keep it in good condition. The tips below use nontoxic chemicals and are simple to carry out what’s more they will have a brilliant effect on your wood! You should try them as soon as possible!
1) Fading the appearance of a scratch
1) Mix white vinegar with olive oil in equal measures in a spray bottle.
2) Spray the mixture on the scratch and rub with a cloth to reduce the appearance of the scratch.
2) Lighten a decolouration mark on wood
1) Start to infuse black tea in boiling water.
2) Leave to infuse (the longer you leave the tea to infuse the darker the dye will be).
3) Rub the mark with the mixture with a cloth.
4) Leave to dry and repeat if needed.
3) Removing shoe marks use a magic rubber.
4) Reducing a bump in the wood
1) Cover the area with a damp cloth.
2) Rub an iron over the area using the steam from the damp cloth.
3) Continue this process for a couple of minutes and the bump will be much less noticeable.
5) Use talc powder to help a floor that is creaking!
1) Find the areas of the floor which have cracked.
2) In the grooves between the floorboards sprinkle a little talc powder.
3) With a paint brush, carefully brush the power into the gaps to stop the creaking.