Beautiful skin depends on many factors: genetics, hormones, the environment (pollution, cigarette smoke, the sun, etc.), the cosmetics you use, and more. And even if it isn’t strictly true to say that diet can solve all your skin problems, it certainly plays an important role. When the skin is well nourished with the right ingredients, it is better equipped to stay in top shape, to regenerate and to fight against imperfections from the inside out. While the right cosmetics and impeccable hygiene are imperative, try this ginger and almond smoothie for clear skin that is free from imperfections.
Today’s smoothie is good as good for your general health (providing plenty of energy) as it is for your skin. It is rich in antioxidants (which support young and healthy looking skin, that is protected from free radicals and the damage they do to the cells), in fibre, potassium and vitamin B6. The smoothie is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and limits water retention. It also provides significant amounts of vitamin E, a vitamin that the skin adores, as it helps maintain its hydration, melanin and elasticity. Here is how to prepare the smoothie, which complements a balanced and healthy diet.
What you need:
- 2 bananas
- 1 piece of grated ginger
- 500 mls of water
- 20 g almond butter
- 30 g hemp seeds
1) Freeze the bananas in advance for a creamy smoothie.
2) Chop the bananas into large pieces and put them into your blender or smoothie maker.
3) Add the ginger and water before blending everything together for a few seconds.
4) Add the final ingredients and blend them, setting your machine to a low speed (or its lowest setting). Blend until the mixture is even.
5) Drink the smoothie with ice in the mornings and afternoons, at least three times a week.
Although regular consumption is recommended in order to see results, you shouldn’t drink this smoothie every day, due to its calorie content.