If can be really frustrating when you realise that you have got dandruff. Especially when your scalp becomes irritated or really dry. What’s more you can sometimes find that none of the supermarket products are doing anything to help or in some cases only making it worse! Unfortunately you can often get dandruff when you are feeling stressed, tired, due to hormonal imbalances or the overuse of heated products on your hair. Therefore it is important to have an anti-dandruff solution up your sleeve. Read on to discover how two simple, natural products can help you beat dandruff and get your scalp back to normal!
What you need:
- Organic jojoba oil
- Tea tree essential oil
- A soft shampoo that is adapted to your hair type (If possible look for a shampoo without sulfates as they can aggravate the scalp)
1) Massage 1 to 3 tablespoons of jojoba oil into your scalp to nourish and soothe it without making your hair too greasy. (This oil is similar to the skin’s sebum so it is easy to rinse off).
2) Leave in your hair for about 2 hours. Ideally you should do this night before you shampoo your hair so that you can leave it in your hair overnight.
3) Next wash your hair. Add 4 drops of tea tree essential oil into the blob of shampoo in your hand. This will purify your scalp and get rid of the dandruff. Mix together.
4) Massage the mixture into your hair and leave for 2 to 3 minutes before rinsing. You can shampoo your hair a second time if you still feel there are traces of oil
If needed you can repeat this process a few days later.