When you think about homemade cosmetics, you often imagine a complicated recipe full of ingredients you’ve never heard of before. However this homemade Aloe Vera cream is nothing like that. You only need simple ingredients: Aloe Vera, a plant with thousands of benefits which can do wonders for your skin, a vegetable oil of your choice which correlates with your skin type and vitamin E to help conserve the cream.
Start by choosing the vegetable oil which will treat your skin type most effectively:
- Sensitive skin: 1 tablespoon of calendula vegetable oil
- Mixed or normal skin: 1 tablespoon of jojoba or macadamia vegetable oil
- Oily skin: 1 tablespoon of hazelnut or grape seed oil
- Dry or dehydrated skin: 1 tablespoon a soft almond oil, argan oil or evening primrose oil
If your skin is wrinkled, mature and dry:
- 30 year old: 1 tablespoon of apricot oil
- 40 year old: 1 tablespoon of plum oil
- 50 year old: 1 tablespoon of borage or evening primrose oil
- 60 year old and over: 1 tablespoon of argan oil, sea buckthorn oil or prickly pear oil.
If your skin is wrinkled, mature, and an oily tendency:
- 30 to 40 year old: 1 tablespoon of cranberry oil
- 50 to 60 year old: 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
Now let’s find out how to prepare the cream !
What you need/
- 38 ml of Aloe Vera gel
- 2 drops of vitamin E or Palmarosa essential oil (To help conserve the cream so that the Aloe Vera doesn’t oxidize.)
- The chosen vegetable oil depending on your skin type (See above)
- A bottle with a pump
1) Mix the oil and the vitamin E into the Aloe Vera gel with the help of hand held or electric whisk.
2) Continue until your mixture starts to form the consistency of mayonnaise.
3) Transfer the mixture into your bottle (a funnel may be useful for this step) and make sure to shake well before using.
4) Store the mixture in the fridge if possible or otherwise a cool place out of direct sunlight is advisable.