When we see the state of certain toothbrushes which have been abandoned in a corner of the sink in an old goblet, we can sometimes ask ourselves how many decades they have been there for! Unfortunately, even when taking the utmost care, toothbrushes eventually become worn down, such that the bristles end up in bad shape. This can sometimes be linked to using a poor quality brush, or due to overly aggressive brushing which damages not only the bristles, but also your teeth. Although it is strongly recommended that you change your toothbrush at least every three months, wear and tear can appear more quickly. In such cases, you can make the brush a little less jaded looking by using the following tip.
What you need:
- A toothbrush with worn down bristles
- A container
- Something to monitor the temperature of the water
1) Heat the water to 65°C in your container (or pour it into your container after having heated it).
2) Put the toothbrush head into the water.
3) Gently make circles in the container with the brush. After a certain amount of time, the bristles will get a new lease of life, as if by magic!
Here is a toothbrush beforehand:
And after the above steps: