Cleaning the shower isn’t exactly a pleasurable task. You need to contort your body to reach all the (many) little nooks and crannies, you need to scrub like mad to get rid of mould and limescale (but on the positive side, you build muscle!) and finally, there is the frustration of noticing that very few products make any difference (however, given the toxic ingredients they contain, they should technically manage it!). For a perfectly clean shower, you need only two things: an everyday regular sponge with a rough side, and the cleaner we are suggesting here today.
As a bonus, here is an article with 6 tips for a gleaming washroom.
What you need:
- 250 mls washing up liquid
- 250 mls white vinegar
- A clean, empty spray flask
- A funnel
- A sponge
1) Heat the white vinegar in the microwave or a pot, without bringing it to the boil. Do a brief touch test to make sure it is hot but not too hot. Obviously do not place your finger in a mixture likely to burn you!
2) Pour the washing up liquid into the flask.
3) Add the white vinegar and close the flask.
4) Don’t shake it too vigorously -it will only foam up. Turn it gently in the bottle several times to mix it.
5) Spray the mixture generously to one wall of the shower and gently scrub it with the rough side of the sponge. Continue wall by wall, being careful of the rubber or silicone seals which don’t mix very well with white vinegar.
6) Leave it to work for 30 minutes and rinse with cold water.
7) We recommend that you do the base of the shower last so as to avoid slipping!