We have already given you 33 ingenious ways to re-use stray socks, and given that you are unlikely to have found their matching pairs since the last time (and probably even have a few more lone rangers to add to the collection), we have found even more possible uses for you. The best part is that many of these tips can also work even if the socks have holes in them or are fit to be retired – or are even fit for the bin. Therefore, it’s a good time to do a little useful recycling.
1) When travelling, cover your shoes with your odd socks
For pairs of shoes that are too large, at least use the old socks to cover the soles.
2) Are you sick of oil stains on your work surfaces? Cover the bottle with a sock, so as to collect any drips.
Furthermore, your hands won’t get all oily while you’re cooking.
3) They are better again for cleaning the blinds
Find out how to do so, along with other tips in this article.
4) Fill a sock with kitty litter and roll it into a ball. No more fog on your windscreen!
5) You can make a soap scrub by putting your usual bar of soap into a spare sock
It will lather up even better and gently exfoliate your skin at the same time. A fantastic 2 in 1!
6) If you are redecorating, put socks on over your shoes to protect them from paint splatters