You may feel like you have tried every possible solution to get rid of blackheads: cleansers, scrubs, creams, the African healer who left a flier in your letter box or on your windscreen…. and there is nothing more frustrating than seeing no improvements (or only a mild improvement before they come back at speed). Here is a suggestion for a new routine to build in once or twice a month, that will help you combat this common nuisance.
What you need:
- A pinch of thyme or a few drops of thyme essential oil
- 1 dessertspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt or Himalayan rock salt
- 1 dessertspoon of organic honey
- A slice of lemon
- An egg white
1) Boil water and add the thyme to boost its effectiveness. Steam your face with this mixture by putting it into a bowl and putting your face over it, covering your head with a towel to increase the effect.
2) After steaming your face, your pores are ready for treatment. It is now time to make a scrub with the honey, the bicarbonate of soda and the salt. Massage this into your skin for 2 minutes, making circular movements, and leave it to act for 5 minutes before rinsing. Dry your skin.
3) Scrub your nose with the slice of lemon. You can also do your forehead or your chin if these areas are prone to blackheads.
4) To make them easy to remove, apply the egg white to your face and cover it with some kitchen paper. Leave it to act for 20 minutes and rinse off.
5) Use a tissue to remove the blackheads and rinse.