The sink drain is full of dirt. It is therefore not surprising that unpleasant odours may eventually escape. You can, of course, opt for the usual household solution, but these can be toxic and, in addition, it can damage the pipes (which are expensive to replace). You can also choose to do it with natural and inexpensive products that you surely have at home.
What you need:
- 90g of bicarbonate of soda
- 250ml of white vinegar
- Optional : essential oil
1) If you have a double sink, block closed, the other drain to work on only one drain.
2) Pour the bicarbonate of soda onto the drain
3) Add the white vinegar and let it sit for ten minutes. The two ingredients will fizz and the bubbles will slowly go down the drain, dissolving any grease, foods or odours.
4) Once you have left it to rest for ten minutes, rinse away with water. Clean the drain with a metal scourer if you want to remove any extra dirt.
5) If you would like you can add a few drops of essential oil, to add a nice smell.
6) Repeat onto the other sink drain if you have a double sink.
Extra tip: You can also use this technique when you sink is blocked, as well as your shower drain and loo!