Hair regrowth must be one of the most annoying phenomena in the world. And with the speed at which hair regrows following a lengthy and tiring hair removal session, we feel like emulating Gandalf from The Lord of the Rings, shouting loudly at the hairs: “Thou shalt not pass!” When faced with ‘fuzz’, we find ourselves dreaming of solutions to slow down the reappearance of our worst enemy. Well never fear, Granny has the solution for you: nutmeg oil is what you need, an oil which prevents rapid regrowth. You can add it to any of your beauty products (body butters, moisturisers, etc.), but also to a mixture for a natural, home-made deodorant. Here is what you need to do….
What you need:
- 30 mls of aloe vera gel
- 10 mls of peppermint flower water
- 8 mls of nutmeg oil
- 1 pinch of bicarbonate of soda
- 25 drops of fragonia essential oil
- A clean, empty roll-on deodorant container (which is more practical than a jar or a spray with this mixture)
1) Thoroughly mix the ingredients following the order of the ingredients list above.
2) Pour your mixture into the roll-on container and close it tightly.
3) Apply the deodorant like any other deodorant, morning and/or evening.
This deodorant does not prevent sweating (because it is a deodorant and not an anti-perspirant), but it has a long-lasting pleasant fragrance and a nice cooling effect (thanks to the bicarbonate of soda which eliminates odours, the peppermint flower water and the fragonia essential oil). Overall, the nutmeg means it prevents rapid hair regrowth in the long term.