When you think about nail varnish you don’t necessarily think that it can be useful for anything other than making your nails look pretty. However in this article you will discover 12 genius ideas on how to use your nail varnish in another fashion!
1) Do you sometimes struggle to put your laces into the hole as the ends are a bit straggly?
Put some clear nail varnish on the end and it will slide through more easily!
2) Are your hooks a bit too sharp? Paint on a layer of nail varnish to soften the point.
3) If you want to repair the arm of your glasses, replace the screw and hold it in place with some nail varnish.
4) Identify your keys with the help of coloured nail varnish!
You can even put a little touch of colour onto the lock if you struggle to remember which colour corresponds to which lock.
5) Nail varnish has two great uses for your cables:
- So that you always connect the right cable in the right place with the help of colours;
- So that you know which way to slide the USB into the slot so that you don’t fight with the cable every time you want to plug it in.
6) If you don’t fancy put a piece of thread into your mouth every time you want to thread the needle…
…use a dab of nail varnish to help you!
7) Make your matches waterproof by covering the sulphur head in nail varnish
This is perfect for a weekend camping trip when your not sure of the weather!
8) If you dab a little clear nail varnish onto a hole in your tights it will prevent the hole from getting bigger.
9) If you have just sewed on a button you can apply a little nail varnish so that it doesn’t move.
10) If you’ve got the right colour you can easily cover up a scratch on your car’s bodywork!
11) Are you struggling to seal an envelope as the glue is no longer sticky? Just use a little nail varnish instead!
12) Simple way to repair a broken nail !
Apply a layer of varnish onto your nail and then stick a piece of tea bag material onto it. Cover the sachet material with another layer of varnish and then cut the excess of the sachet so that it is the same form as you nail. File you nail so that it is smooth. Now you can do your manicure as usual!
Bonus! Nail varnish can be great for making marbled effects in no time!
In a bowl of water drip in a couple of different coloured drops of nail varnish. With a tooth pick gently create a nice design so that you can then print it onto a a mug, glass or flower pot. Leave it do dry and then you go! (Watch out the nail varnish will come off if you wash it in the dish washer or in the microwave.)
Check out the video from Cleverly: