Washing our hands is something we do numerous times a day. However this habitual and necessary gesture can often leave our hands feeling dry and itchy. What is more some of the ingredients found in shop-bought soap can dehydrate and irritate our skin even more. It is better to make your own soap so you know exactly what is in it to avoid any issues. You will also rest assured that your soap is good for your skin! This simple soap recipe only contains water, Castille soap and coconut oil which will nourish and soften your skin. Read on to find out how to make a hygienic soap which will also leave your hands feeling in great condition!
What you need :
- A foaming soap dispenser
- 30 ml of scent-free Castille soap
- Between 5 and 10 g of cold pressed, non-refined Coconut oil ( This can be found in organic food shops or specialist online shops)
- 10 to 15 drops of your choice of essential oils (you can even mix the oils to make a blend but make sure you don’t choice oils which could irritate the skin and that people are allergic to.)
Some of the best antibacterial essential oils are: Lemon (photo-sensitizing), eucalyptus, lavender, peppermint, wild orange, rosemary and tea tree
The steps :
1) Open your soap bottle and pour in the soap and then the coconut oil (in its melted form if possible.)
2) Continue by adding your essential oils.
3) Fill the rest of your bottle with water.
4) Close your bottle and shake well. Now your soap is ready to use!