In winter you often are exposed to changing temperatures which can affect your skin. You go from the biting cold outside to blasts of hot air in your heated office or flat. Often our hands and feet swell with these changing temperatures. This scrub will help to freshen your feet as well as helping to soften dry, rough skin. What’s more the minty fresh smell will get rid of any bad odors from sweaty feet! Read on the find out how to make your own foot scrub.
What you need:
- 90 g of sugar
- 100 g cold pressed non refined coconut oil (found in organic supermarkets/ online)
- Between 8 to 10 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- For a visual aspect you can add a teaspoon of dried herbs. (mint, lavender, chamomile). If you don’t have fresh herbs in your garden you can use loose leaved herbal teas!
1) Put the sugar into a pot.
2) Melt the coconut oil on a low heat.
3) Pour the coconut oil into the sugar and add your drops of essential oil. Mix carefully!
4) Finish by adding your fresh herbs and mix again.
There you go, now your foot scrub is ready to use! It is great for freshening your feet as this is the part of your body that you use the most during the day. However you can also use it on other parts of your body! (It can especially help to soothe heavy legs or muscle cramps.)
Keep the foot scrub in the fridge so that in can conserve better. Avoid leaving it lying around in the shower where it can go off quickly.