It is difficult to find a simpler way to freshen your toilet than with the little cubes that you attach on the rim that freshens your toilet at every flush. Your toilet not only stays cleaner longer but it is also hassle free! However although this is a practical solution it contains many chemical and toxic products. If you don’t want toxic products like these under your roof, here is an alternative solution. You can make your own wonder cleaning blocks yourself.
What you need:
- 100 ml of water
- 100 ml of white vinegar
- 2 g of agar-agar
- 20 drops of lemon essential oil (or another scent)
- Plastic container for the toilet. (you can either recycle an old container or find a low cost solution online)
- Optional: food colouring colorant (for the colour); organic washing up liquid (so that it can make bubbles)
1) Boil the water and add the agar-agar. Mix together carefully.
2) Next add the vinegar and leave the mixture for five minutes to rest. Next add the essential oils and mix together well.
3) Put the mixture into a mold and leave to solidify over night. You can use individual silicone molds if you prefer or a plastic tub (as seen below). You many need to cut to the size you need.
4) Choose a piece and place it in the plastic support for your toilet cleaner.
5) Keep the cleaning cubes in a box in the fridge with a clear label so no one confuses it for something else.