Wooden furniture can sometimes start to look a bit dull and faded. When this happens it’s time to give your furniture it’s shine back with a homemade wax. This citrus-scented wax recipe is ideal as it is so simple to make. Solid yet easily malleable thanks to a mix of essential oils and bees wax, this wax is the perfect texture. Castor oil gives the wood its’s shine back while a few drops of essential oils gives the wax a fresh and appealing scent. Use this homemade wax to make your furniture look as good as new!
What you need :
- 20 g of bees wax
- 30 ml of castor oil
- 70 ml of olive oil
- 2 ml of sweet orange oil
- 1 ml of lemon oil
- A metal pot (an old pot for a candle for example )
1) Put the bees wax, castor oil and olive oil into a bowl and melt in the microwave or over a bain-marie.
2) Take the mixture out of the microwave or off the bain-marie making sure not to burn yourself as it is hot.
3) Add the sweet orange oil and stir the mixture. Do the same with the lemon oil.
4) Pour the mixture into you metal pot and leave to harden for several hours. Once hardened your wax will be ready to use!
How to use it?
Scoop a little of the wax onto a piece of kitchen roll or a cloth and apply onto the wood taking care to rub into all corners. With another clean cloth wipe off any extra residue.