Linoleum flooring has seduced many of us. It is generally available in all types of home ware stores. What is more it is resistant, easy to install and can come in all sorts of styles which you can use in many types of interiors. This type of flooring is becoming increasing stylish and better at replicating their more expensive counterparts like tiling and wooden floorboards. But how can you easily maintain your flooring so that it is kept clean, glistening and it’s colouring doesn’t fade. By following these simple steps you’ll have a floor that looks as good as new!
What you need:
- 2 litres of boiling water + 1 litre of warm water
- 50 g of bicarbonate of soda (for it’s abrasive cleaning powers)
- 3 tablespoons of alcohol of 90° (to make the floor effectively shine)
1) Mix your hot water with the bicarbonate of soda.
2) Mop your floor using this mixture.
3) Test the alcohol on the floor in a small area to check that it won’t affect the material.
4) Next use your second mixture of warm water and alcohol.
5) Repeat the same process with this second mixture and that’s all there is to it! Your floor will look as good as new!
Good to know:
If you are in a hurry you can use a more alcoholic mixture so that the floor dries more quickly. For you to do this you should use equal proportions of alcohol and water.