There are a number of reasons why supermarket wipes are great. First, they are super efficient and they are practical: just grab one from the package and you can clean everything. Finally, they smell good. Nevertheless, the big negative remains the fact that they are not good for the environment. In addition, depending on the packaging, it often happens that they dry quickly (often half dry up the packet) and to use, often it takes several wipes because they are quickly soiled and soaked. Make a compromise and test this handmade recipe for reusable wipes which clean the whole house and are also practical since they work just like shop bought wipes but will last you longer. It’s also great for those who use too much kitchen towel to clean the house.
What you will need:
- An airtight container such as a large jar
- 240ml Water
- Isopropyl alcohol (about 60 ml)
- White Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons of good quality washing up liquid
- Wipes: face towels, chiffons, old cotton t-shirt squares, flannels
- Optional: two tablespoons of ammonia
1) Prepare your wipes by putting them in your container.
2) Mix all liquid elements until they are perfectly combined.
3) Pour your cleaner over the wipes
4) Adjust. If your wipes are not soaked enough make some more cleaner and more it into the container.
When you have used your wipe your can then put it in the washing machine to then use it again!