A scrub is no doubt the best thing you can possibly do if you want smooth, bright and fresh skin. It helps get rid of dead skin cells that can make your skin duller and less beautiful. You can make your own home made scrub using these basic ingredients. This will make a scrub that works just as well for oily skin as for dry skin.
What you need:
- 2 dessertspoons of brown sugar (for its gentle scrubbing action)
- 1 dessertspoon of lemon juice (astringent, but also light sensitive, and therefore direct sunlight should be avoided for a few hours after your use it)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (softening)
1) Put the sugar into a small container and add the liquid ingredients.
2) Stir with care, ensuring that it mixes well together.
3) Moisten your face. Apply the mixture in circular movements, avoiding the contours of the eyes. Don’t scrub too hard, as this does no good and may damage your skin.
4) Rinse with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Moisturise your skin afterwards.
Complete this scrub once a week. Note that the scrub doesn’t keep, so you need to make it fresh every time you use it.