There are weeks when we feel so tired that it seems impossible to live without coffee. If we thought we could bathe in it in the hope of reviving our bodies, we would be sure to give it a go! This however is not what is involved in today’s tip, which in fact involves making eye gel patches to revive and brighten even the most tired and puffy eyes. It contains only two ingredients: coffee, which has a tightening effect on the skin, reduces redness and dark circles, and gelatine, which tautens the skin and provides a healthy dose of collagen.
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon of gelatine
- Greaseproof paper
- A pencil
1) Draw the shapes of your future eye patches on the greaseproof paper.
2) Add the gelatine to the coffee, and stir until they are well mixed together.
3) Pour the whole lot on to the area you have traced out on the greaseproof paper. Leave it to dry and harden, which should take about an hour.
4) Cut out the shapes you drew on the paper.
5) Place one gel patch under each eye and leave it to work for 15 to 30 minutes. You can leave it for longer if you like, there are no contra-indications and in fact it feels quite pleasant!