Some people struggle to find a better alternative to Vaseline. Not only does it keeps a thin moisturising layer on the skin which protects it, this balm is richer than shea butter. You might not be aware but Vaseline has lots of surprising uses which are not just lip or beauty related. However if you are a little unsure about the ingredients then here is an alternative which is more natural.
What you need:
- 2 level tablespoons of bees wax or soya wax (roughly about 20 g). This will give a smooth and protective quality to the balm as well as the ideal texture.
- 90 g of virgin cold pressed olive oil (organic if possible ). This oil is very rich. You can also use avocado oil as well.
- 2 tablets or 10 drops of vitamin E — This ingredient helps the mixture to keep for longer plus it is excellent for your skin.
- An airtight pot.
1) Start by preparing a bain-maire so that you can melt the wax in it
2) When the wax has melted you can add the olive oil and mix for a few minutes. Make sure that it has been incorporated well and that the mixture is smooth.
3) Add the vitamin E and mix well again and then transfer into your airtight pot.
4) Leave to sit for 20 minutes and then mix a final time inside the pot. This will give your balm a final smooth texture.