For many men their beard is the most significant feature on their face but it requires time and patience to keep it in good condition. Beard maintenance isn’t just a case of shaving it when it gets too long and coarse. It involves shaping your beard to the desired length and form as well as keeping it in a healthy condition just like your hair. A beard oil hydrates the hair as well as the skin, eliminating the risk of dandruff as well as giving the beard a nice perfume.
There are many beard oils on the market but it is also possible to make your own beard oil with everyday products. There are different types of oils to suit your needs. It’s an economical way to know exactly what is in the products you use on your skin!
There are several beard oil recipes and the ingredients vary depending on the desired result. Here are some organic oils rich in vitamins and mineral salts that can be used to make a beard oil:
- Argan oil deeply hydrates the skin and the hair
- Jojoba oil prevents the hair from becoming dry and also protects the skin
- Coconut oil strengthens the hair and reduces the loss of protein
- Olive oil and almond oil hydrates and repairs the skin which can often become irritated by beard hair
After having decided the best oil for your type of beard and skin, you can now mix in some essential oils to give a nice scent to your beard oil. However you need to be careful using essential oils which are can irritate your skin. You should therefore use essential oils sparingly as they should only represent at most 20% of the mixture. Anything more than that you could risk irritation. You can use less irritant products for the skin but just as perfumed such as lemon juice for example.
Make your own beard oil
Depending on what you are looking for you can also mix organic oils together to gain all the benefits you’d like. Here is beard oil recipe that you can make yourself. Your beard and and skin will thank you for using this perfectly natural product.
What you need:
- Spray bottle
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of Argan oil
- 2 tablespoons of Olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of Castor essence
- 10 drops of lemon essential oil (Optional)
1) Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix everything together.
2) Use your funnel and pour your oil mixture into the spray bottle.
3) Spray a few drops onto your hands. Rub them together and apply the oil onto your beard from the roots to the tips.
You can store your beard oil in cool and dark place for up to six months. Apply everyday to get the best results. Gentlemen, you now have no excuse to maintain you beard for yourselves so that it is stays handsome and healthy.