If you are always baking cakes you always have to use baking powder so that your baked goods can rise properly. The problem is these little sachets can be expensive and you can quickly go through your stock pile. The most economical solution is to make your own so that you don’t keep running out. Don’t worry this recipe is extremely effective and will have the same results as baking powder you buy in the shops. Read on to find out how to make your own baking powder which is great for people who want to reduce their waste and who like making their own products.
What you need:
(For 200 g)
- 100 g of cream of tartar (You can find this in specialist shops and in some pharmacies but it easier to buy it online)
- 50 g of bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g of cornflour
- An airtight container
1) Pour your ingredients into a large bowl.
2) Mix everything together well.
3) Pour the mixture into an airtight container and then keep it your cupboard.
4) When you use your homemade baking powder, use one level teaspoon for 250 g of flour.