Your iron might be looking past it’s best but it doesn’t let you down. It is always on hand to help smarten your clothes for a wedding, an important meeting or a job interview. However, it’s loyal service comes at a price, as the base of your iron starts to look a bit worse for wear. A dirty base won’t do the job as well so something needs to be done about it. Here’s a surprising tip to help you clean your iron!
What you need:
- Cork (From a bottle of wine)
- Paper towels
The video :
The steps :
1) Heat up your iron on a low heat.
2) Soak the cork in the water.
3) Dip the soaked cork into the salt.
4) Scrub the base of the iron with the cork. Dipping it into the water and then the salt when needed and continue this process until you start to see results.
5) Moisten the paper towel and wipe the base of the iron to get rid of any residual salt.