Did you know that your lip’s skin is more delicate than your face ? Lacking sebaceous glands and melanin pigments, our lips are not very good at defending themselves against exterior aggression. In other words, lips are not a natural protective barrier. This is why you need to give them a little helping hand during the winter months. In this article we have a moisturising lip balm that you can make yourself at home. It is natural, effective and you’ll never suffer from dry lips again!
What you need:
- 10 ml sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
- 15 g bees wax or shea wax
- Lemon essential oil
- A pot
1) Prepare a bain-marie for the mixture. Next add the sweet almond oil or jojoba oil. Add 15 g of bees wax or shea wax and then melt together.
2) Add 1 drop of lemon essential oil.
3) Mix together and then leave to cool.
4) Your balm is now ready and all you need to do is put it into a pot. Apply the balm onto your lips as often as possible. They will be moisturised and soft and ready to kiss whoever you wish!
As a side note: You should not lick your lips with your saliva. It might be counter intuitive but your saliva actually drys out your lips. Therefore you get the contrasting effect to what you really want. You should never give your dried lips a scrub or try and peel off any dead skin as you’ll just have open cuts which will be even more painful. You should also try and avoid smoking as this will only dry out your lips. It is also not good for your health and it is expensive. There you have it, your lips will now be ready to tackle winter!