A brassy tint is a real nightmare for people with blonde or white hair. This effect is far from attractive, and you need to use the correct products in order to prevent it from developing. This is exactly what you will find in this recipe for a conditioner that will get rid of any brassy reflections in your hair, while also making it soft and silky.
What you need:
- 6 grams of coconut oil
- 1.5 grams of chamomile flowers
- 2.1 grams of vegetable conditioner (without which the oil and the water can’t mix) which you can buy from Aroma-zone
- 6 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 6 drops of a preservative (e.g. Preservative Eco)
1) Pour the oil and the conditioner into a bowl.
2) In a separate bowl, infuse the chamomile flowers in 250 mls of boiling water for 10 minutes. Strain it and keep 22 mls for the recipe.
3) Put the two bowls into simmering water in a bain-marie. Leave them there for several minutes, until the conditioner mixes with the oil.
4) Remove both bowls from the heat and pour the infusion into the oil mix. Stir vigorously for 3 minutes. At this stage, the mixture should start to thicken.
5) When you have created a texture like a typical conditioner, put the bowl back into the bain-marie and give it another 3 to 5 minutes.
6) Add the remaining ingredients, mix them together and pour it all into an airtight container.