With it’s multiple health benefits, golden milk or turmeric tea, as it is often called, is THE miracle drink! Golden milk is a traditional recipe used in ayurvedic medicine, a type of medicine practiced in India. Thanks to its many different components, this drink has multiple benefits for our health. Curcumin which in found in turmeric, one of the main components of this drink, has numerous beneficial qualities. These include anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and even anti-cancer properties.
Golden milk is very effective in preventing hair loss, dandruff and scalp irritations as well as improving blood circulation, loosening and thinning out mucus, strengthening our immune system, preventing illnesses and easing arthritic problems. The list is long. If you start drinking golden milk regularly you’ll see many of your daily complaints disappear!
What you need:
For the turmeric paste :
- 30 g of powdered turmeric
- 2,5 g of ground black pepper
- 125 ml filtered water
For the golden milk :
- 250 ml of almond milk or coconut milk
- 5 ml of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Prepare the turmeric paste by mixing the water, turmeric and pepper on a low heat for about ten minutes until it has formed a thick, smooth paste.
- Once the mixture has cooled, pour it into a small glass jar and put it in the fridge.
- Prepare the golden milk by putting the milk, honey and coconut oil into a pan and heat on a medium temperature for about 2 minutes without bringing to the boil.
- Pour the milk into a glass (don’t use a white mug because turmeric stains) and add one teaspoon of turmeric paste. Mix well and enjoy!