Split ends can often be the pet peeve of beautiful locks. They can be caused by hot appliances like hair dryers or straighteners, even by brushing your hair too vigorously or just simply time. If you don’t care for your hair properly the ends can split into two little points, which is why they are called split ends. There are different ways to prevent this dilemma, with some great natural methods. Here are three natural ways to get rid of split ends. Your hair will thank you for it!
1) A chamomile shampoo
This recipe with chamomile essential oil will leave your hair looking glorious without a single split end. Chamomile oil is known for it’s many benefits for treating dry and damaged hair. Combined with rosemary essential oil which strengthens hair and you will never again have problems with split ends.
What you need:
- 20 drops of chamomile essential oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- Your usual shampoo
1) Mix the essential oils into the shampoo. Mix well together so that mixture is smooth.
2) Use this shampoo each time you wash your hair for three weeks.
3) Simply rinse your hair with warm water after each use.
2) Rosemary hair care
As mentioned earlier, rosemary oil can become your hair’s best friend. It can strengthen your hair but also encourages your hair to grow. Here is a hair care recipe with rosemary so that you can say goodbye to split ends for good if you use it!
What you need:
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5 tablespoons of essential oil
- 2 tablespoons of honey
1) Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
2) Apply the hair care product to the split ends of your hair before shampooing your hair.
3) Leave in your hair for 30 or 40 minutes.
4) Rinse thoroughly, then shampoo your hair as normal.
5) Carry out this hair care once a week for a month to get rid of your split ends!
3) An olive oil bath
Olive oil is known for it’s many benefits whether it is for the body or for your hair. There is nothing simpler than an olive oil night bath to deeply nourish your hair, restore it’s shine and above all say say goodbye to spit ends!
1) Before going to sleep, dip the dry ends of your hair in olive oil so that they are well covered in the oil.
2) Ring out the ends if you have put too much on.
3) Cover your hair with a towel so that the olive oil can do it’s magic over night.
4) The next day, wash your hair with your normal shampoo and conditioner products.
Here are three solutions which will help you strengthen your hair and prevent split ends. However it is possible that your hair is so damaged that even these hair care solutions can’t revitalize your hair. Remember that when you start to get split ends the only choice you have is to cut it. You can’t glue your ends back together! That being said, once you have had a hair cut you can continue to use these solutions to prevent split ends from possibly returning.