If you wake up in the morning with itchy spots all over your body which seem to be in a line or spaced at almost regular intervals, have no doubt about it: you have bed bugs. We have already given you one or two tips for getting rid of them, but we’ve decided to provide you with another very effective technique, so you can choose the method that works best for you.
A few recommendations beforehand:
- Wash your bed clothes at a very high temperature to kill the bugs and the eggs.
- If it is not possible to wash them at a very high temperature, put them in a bag and place them in the freezer for at least 24 hours .
- Take advantage of the outdoor temperatures. On a hot day, put your mattress out in the sun for a few hours: the sun’s UV rays and the heat will work its magic. The same goes for when it is very cold outside!
- Act quickly when you realise that your mattress is infested. If these solutions don’t work, call a professional.
- Look up reviews on travel websites before you book a hotel or a hostel, so you don’t bring bed bugs back home with you in your luggage.
Remedy for killing bed bugs
What you need:
- 2 dessertspoons of washing powder
- 2 dessertspoons of disinfectant
- 500 mls of water
- A vacuum cleaner
1) After removing the sheets, give your bedroom a good vacuum, ideally with a powerful vacuum cleaner. Remember to give a rub to the mattress with the brush fitting.
2) Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl.
3) Pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
4) Spray it on to your mattress in the morning, to give it the time to dry.
5) Repeat daily to be sure that you have gotten rid of all the eggs.