If you think about everything that we clean in our sink and all the waste that gets clogged up in the pipes, it is normal that our sink and especially the drains start to give off some unpleasant smells. The longer you leave it, the smellier your pipes will get. This odourous waft ends up getting so bad that we decide now is the time to do something about it. Well here you go. In this article we have an excellent method for freshening up your smelly sink naturally so that it never smells again… or at least until the next time you have to give it a clean!
What you need:
- 130 ml fresh lemon juice
- 80 g bicarbonate of soda (or sodium, it’s the same)
You can also use vinegar. You can find out more information on how to unblock drains and get rid of bad smells in this article.
1) Heat up you lemon juice.
2) Add you bicarbonate of soda gradually and let it all dissolve. It will foam but this is normal so don’t worry!
3) Mix well before pouring the mixture down your drains slowly.
4) Leave everything to react for about 10 minutes (This is the time it will take to unblock your pipes and clear your drain).
5) Finally rinse your drain with boiling water to clear away any debris.
There you have it! A simple method to unblock drains and get rid of any bad odors from your sink.