We can often notice that we lose most hair during Spring and Autumn, which can be concerning. What’s more, it’s difficult to stop it, and we notice the same thing every year. And of course, it’s not just the seasons that play havoc with our hair! Alopecia can also have hormonal causes, and at times a diet that is poor in nutrients may not be providing us with sufficient vitamins and minerals. However, we know that much of how our hair looks depends on what is on our plates, and a healthy diet can provide your hair with the nutrients it needs to grow strong and healthy.
To provide your hair with all the nutrients it needs, today we are proposing a healthy and delicious smoothie. Smoothies are an excellent way of consuming a combination of foods that are good for your health and for your appearance, without having to go through complicated recipes and methods.
What you need:
- A handful of tender spinach
- 5 organic ripe strawberries
- 10 g oat flakes
- 200 mls freshly squeezed orange juice (home made)
- 15 g linseed oil
- 3 raw unsalted walnuts
- 10 g brewers yeast
- 5 g maca powder
1) Start by preparing the freshly squeezed orange juice.
2) Add all of the ingredients and blend them in a mixer or a smoothie maker for one minute. It should form a smooth, creamy liquid with no lumps.
3) Drink it first thing in the morning, and drink it on an empty stomach to make it even more effective.
We recommend that you drink this beverage directly after preparing it. It will be fresher and thus preserve all its beneficial properties.