Hear ye, hear ye! The tip of the day is likely to be of great interest to anyone who can’t fold t-shirts to perfection (and those who end up with creases in their clothes anyway, as if they never folded anything), and to those who simply hate the tedious task. Just follow a few simple steps and you’ll have the solution to your problem: a cardboard t-shirt folder that will do the job for you. We won’t go so far as to say that it’s magic, but it is certainly very practical – and fun too! After using it, you’ll have no bother finding a place to store it – you can put it under the bed, behind a press – anywhere you like really!
What you need:
- A large sheet of cardboard
- Thick sticky tape
- A large ruler
- A cutting blade
- A pen
1) Protect your work surface. Cut rectangles out of your cardboard. You need one rectangle 70 cm long and 35 cm wide, two rectangles 70 cm x 25 cm and a last rectangle measuring 35 cm x 20 cm. These are the ideal measures for an average size person.
2) Tape the top edge of smallest rectangle (35 cm x 20 cm) to the centre of the largest rectangle (70 cm x 35 cm). Fold it back over itself and tape down the other side in the same way.
3) Tape the other two rectangles to the main sheet of cardboard, along to the edges of the smallest rectangle. Fold it over itself and secure the other side with tape.
4) Do the same with the last remaining rectangle. Your t-shirt folder is ready to use!
How to use it to fold t-shirts?
1) Place your t-shirt face down, spread out flat on the t-shirt folder.
2) Fold in the side wings of the t-shirt folder one by one.
3) Finish by folding the smallest rectangle over itself.