Many of you have already abandoned chemical products, opting for more natural solutions instead. In your presses, you will find only products made from things like lemon juice or bicarbonate of soda. But the most essential ingredient of all is without a doubt white vinegar, the Swiss army knife of DIY cleaning products, which can solve 1001 problems around the house. And one thing that white vinegar is fantastic for is doing the laundry. This is why today we are proposing a fresh scented fabric softener that you soon won’t be able to do without.
What you need:
- 3.8 litres of white vinegar
- A generous handful of fresh mint leaves
- A large container for your fabric softener
- A funnel
- A sieve or a colander
If you are not a fan of minty fragrances, you can replace the mint leaves with fresh thyme, rosemary or basil, for example. Just make sure that you use fresh rather than dried leaves.
1) Insert the leaves into your container.
2) Pour the vinegar on top of them.
3) Leave the mix to infuse for one full day (24 hours). Next, you can remove the leaves (straining the mixture using the sieve or the colander, for example).
Your fabric softener is ready to use or to be stored!
4) With every load of washing, pour 60 mls of your fabric softener into the appropriate compartment in your machine. It will be dispersed among your clothes from when the washing machine cycle starts.