Peel-off masks can be really fun to use as it is like you have a second skin that you are peeling off. The feeling is both strange and entertaining but even more than that it feels good as you know the mask has made a difference to your skin. Using charcoal in your mask is a great idea as it is brilliant for giving your pores a deep cleanse removing toxins and dirt while the peel off mask helps to remove any black heads. This mask cleans the pores, removes any excess sebum and leaves the skin feeling fresh. It is a real “must have” face mask that is so easy to make!
What you need
- 5 g of active powdered charcoal
- 2.5 g of bentonite clay
- 15 g of gelatin
- 30 ml of water
1) Mix the water and gelatin into a container which can go into the microwave. Next add the charcoal and the clay making sure that the mixture isn’t in contact with any metal. Mix until smooth.
2) Put everything into the microwave to soften the mixture. Depending on the selected power it can take between 10 to 30 seconds. Then leave to cool. This is very important!
3) Tie up your hair so that there are no strands of hair falling in your face and apply the mask onto clean, dry skin avoiding the eyebrows. This mask removes any impurities and black heads. However any stray hairs are also in danger so if needed you can remove with hot water.
Apply a thin layer if you don’t have much tome or a thick layer if your have plenty time available. Focus on the problem areas such as the forehead, chin and nose.
4) Leave to dry and then remove the mask from the top to bottom. If it pulls a little, don’t worry it is normal!
5) Rinse the skin with hot water and dry. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to hydrate your skin and to protect your pores.