Although head lice are very common, an infestation can be very annoying and even embarrassing. Trying to get rid of them can be a real pain, especially when we are faced with the products we buy in the pharmacy that even with their strong chemicals, seem only to strip your hair and scalp, rather than achieve anything else. Today, we have a natural balm for you that will get rid of head lice for good within 15 days.
Note that it is recommended that you do a patch test on the inside of your wrist in order to ensure you don’t have an allergic reaction. Note also that the product will keep for 3 months, when stored away from light and heat sources. Find more tips for fighting head lice here.
What you need:
- 35.2 g organic shea butter
- 4.4 g organic neem oil
- 46.1 g coconut oil
- 0.4 g lavender essential oil
- 0.2 g vitamin E
1) Melt the shea butter over a bain-marie.
2) Take it off the heat and add the neem oil and the coconut oil. Mix well with a whisk or a beater.
3) Allow 5 minutes for the mixture to cool to lukewarm and put it in the freezer. Take it out and stir it from time to time.
4) When it starts to stick to the edges, take it out of the freezer and add the other ingredients one by one, mixing well after each addition. Be sure that it is evenly mixed.
5) Transfer it into an airtight container. Extra tip: if it is too thick and solid, heat it up for a few moments. If it is too runny, put it back in the freezer. Wait until it reaches room temperature.
How to use it?
1) Apply this balm to damp hair, working it well in to the scalp.
2) Leave it to work for 15 minutes and use a fine tooth comb to remove the nits and dead lice.
3) Rinse with a shampoo with lavender essential oil.
4) Repeat every 3 days for 15 days.