Shaving is something that many of us do everyday. However when you arm yourself with a razor your have to watch out for little nicks to the skin. That is why many of us use a quality shaving foam to reduce any risk of being cut and to leave your skin feeling soft. If you can’t stand the chemical smell and the harmful products used in shop bought shaving foams that cost an arm and a leg, why not try out your own homemade recipes. Essential oils protect the skin when your shave and the other components will prevent your skin from irritations while keeping it soft and smooth.
What you need:
- 70 g shea butter
- 70 g cold pressed non refined coconut butter
- 55 g jojoba oil or sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Glass airtight container
1) Melt the shea butter and coconut oil in a pan on a low heat.
2) When you have finished melting, take the mixture of the heat and place it into a heat resistant bowl and add the jojoba oil and the essential oils.
3) Put your bowl into the fridge until the mixture has solidified.
4) Once it is solidified, remove the mixture from the fridge and then start to beat with an electric mixer or beater.
5) Decant the mixture into an airtight pot which should be stored in a cool and dark environment.
How to use it:
Apply a thin layer onto the skin ad shave as normal. (If the mixture starts to melt a little don’t worry it is normal.) You don’t need to rinse off the mixture with anything other than clear hot water and a toiletry glove or your can use a gentle cleanser.
Remember you can have a glass of hot water to rinse your razor after your have shaved several sections. After you have shaved you can put your razor into a glass of rice so that it can absorb any moisture so that the blades don’t rust.