Today’s tip will allow you to pamper your skin, while making a change from your usual bar of soap. With these gently exfoliating shower sachets, you have an easy to use and inexpensive product, with which you can make the most of the beneficial properties of oats. Oats are in fact the main ingredient in these shower sachets. They are good for the health, but also very common in cosmetic products. And this is no accident! They help deeply clean the skin, they have a toning effect (which is great for mature skin) and have anti-inflammatory properties (which are great for skin problems). Oats also strengthen the epidermis and effectively protect it from external irritants and dehydration.
What you need:
- 320 g oats
- 1 bar of soap, grated (choose a soap that you trust, which is good for the skin)
- the essential oil of your choice (avoid cinnamon oil which can be irritating, and instead choose an oil you like which is also good for your skin, such as lavender)
- 3 cloth sachets (e.g., muslin, organza or old tights)
1) Put the oats and the soap into a container. Mix them well.
2) Fill up your sachets with the mixture and add 10 drops of essential oil to each, before carefully tying a knot in them.
3) And they’re ready to use! Wet your sachet under the shower and use it to massage your skin.
4) After use, squeeze your sachet out and leave it to dry in a well ventilated area.
After several uses, there will be no more soap or fragrance left. This is normal, and is a sign that it’s time to wash out the sachets and make new ones!