Have you ever had a really bad hair day? The unpleasant realisation that no matter what you do, you are not going to be able to tame your mane. Despite all your best efforts and treatments, you hair feels heavy, tired and lifeless, as if there were anvils hanging from each strand. If you know these kinds of crises only too well, it may be time to complete this simple treatment, which will revive and detox your hair.
With only two ingredients, you can gently exfoliate your scalp and give your hair the boost it needs. It will leave your hair squeaky clean, and will add volume and shine. This type of product can be found in the shops (either Big shampoo by Lush, or at Christopher Robin’s), but here, you can have the same results for next to nothing, and you are likely to already have all of the ingredients you need!
What you need:
- Your favourite shampoo (which is adapted to your hair type)
- Coarse sea salt
Sea salt is rich in minerals and can help make your hair less greasy, remove dead skin cells and dirt, without stripping your scalp of the natural sebum that protects it. The hair is thus cleansed of products that may be weighing it down without us being aware of it.
1) Gather the two ingredients as well as a container.
2) Pour three parts salt per two parts shampoo into the container and mix them together. Adapt the amount you use according to the length of your hair.
3) Apply this treatment to wet hair, and use it as you would any other shampoo, massaging it well in to your scalp.
4) Rinse. Finish with a jet of cold water, to really smooth out the hairs and add shine.
Note: This is not a weekly treatment, and definitely not a daily one. This deep clean can be carried out once a month, but no more than this so as not to dry out the hair and scalp.