Even if you take good care of your health and take all the necessary precautions, a cold or a flu can still catch up with you. And once you’ve caught them, they take forever to heal, and the various symptoms can be difficult to combat. For rapid relief from the symptoms, you can make these cubes for the bath or shower, which release vapours that help greatly with a blocked nose or a cough. Guaranteed relief, and you may find you just can’t do without them!
What you need:
- 40 g of Vicks VapoRub
- 125 g of corn starch
- 30 ml water
- A container for mixing
- An ice cube tray
- An airtight container for the cubes
- Optional: natural food colouring (blue and/or green)
1) In the container, mix the Vicks VapoRub with the corn starch. Stir it until the mixture is smooth.
2) Add the water to your paste and stir it well. You can adjust the quantity of water depending on the texture you have obtained, and add a little more or less as needed. You are aiming to obtain a thick paste.
3) Add a few drops of food colouring if you like, to make the cubes look nicer, and mix.
4) Pour your paste into the ice cube tray, pressing the mixture down a little to remove any air bubbles. This will create a practical cube shape.
5) Leave the mixture to harden in the freezer for 20 minutes and then put the cubes into an airtight container. Store them at room temperature.
6) To use the cubes, put one cube on the floor of the shower so that it melts in the hot water. It will then release soothing vapours.