There are lots of reasons that you might suffer from constipation, whether it is stress, food related, an illness, dehydration or because of certain medication that you are taking. If constipation happens on a regular basis or now and again, you will all have one thing that you look forward to. We all can’t wait for it to go away and for the pain and discomfort to stop! In this article we will give you three effective recipes to keep up your sleeve whenever you may need.
If you are looking for a soft but effective treatment for you and your children, you can always turn towards honey and in particular the laxative properties of certain varieties such as acacia honey, buckthorn honey, mountain honey or rosemary honey. This method will help you without giving you diarrhea as well. Another alternative is to use pollen to get rid of constipation.
Using honey to get rid of constipation is simple. Stir a tablespoon of your chosen honey into a long glass of warm water. This remedy should be drunk every morning on an empty stomach.
2) Magnesium chloride (or nigari)
This product is beneficial for blood quality, for kidneys, combating depression or fatigue, to help cure a cough or a cold and to stimulate our immune system. However it also has properties which help cure constipation thanks to it’s laxative effects. However it does have some disadvantages as certain people could risk getting diarrhea and the taste is quite unpleasant. To improve the taste you can take it with sugared water or a fruit juice which is not a citrus fruit.
You can buy this product in the pharmacy. Dilute a sachet of 20 g in a litre of water and drink a glass several times per day gradually reducing how much you take until your constipation subsides. Start by taking this mixture every 3 hours then every 6 hours and lastly every 12 hours.
3) Sweets that combat constipation!
As well as being fun and delicious these sweets are also great at combating constipation as they help to stimulate bowel movement. With its medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), coconut oil greatly improves intestinal function.
What you need:
- 215 g (or about 16 tablespoons) extra-virgin coconut oil
- 6 to 8 cl of fresh lemon juice (you can measure out according to your tastes)
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of Himalayan rose salt
- silicone molds
1) Put the mold into the freezer for 10 min.
2) Pour all the ingredients into the mixer and mix together. Add more lemon or honey if you would like.
3) When everything has been well incorporated together you can take the mold out of the freezer. Pour the mixture into the molds and then freeze for around another hour.
4) A child should only take two sweets per day and you should see how they are getting on at the end of the day. An adult should take no more than 4 sweets per day.
Related articles :