As well as causing discomfort, the cold is not easy on our bodies. And our hands are often as exposed to the cold as our faces, and are subjected to it on a daily basis during colder weather. As a result, they feel irritated and can become red and sore. Here is how to take care of them despite the cooler temperatures, and how to prevent them from becoming too damaged. And these techniques won’t do any harm either for hands that have been damaged by exposure to chemicals or cleaning products.
What you need:
- A desert spoon of salt
- Olive oil
- A basin
1) Pour some hot water into your basin.
2) Add the salt and stir it a little.
3) Slip your hands into the basin and leave them to soak for around 2 or 3 minutes.
4) Gently wipe your hands dry.
5) Once they are dry, apply a small quantity of olive oil and massage it into your hands.