You might think that a cleaning cloth would smell good but it is rarely the case. The worst culprit is the kitchen sponge which can quickly start to smell bad even though we use fresh smelling washing up liquid to clean away our delicious meals. A smelly sponge is caused by bacteria and poorly rinsed residue. So how can you have a sponge that smells good as well as disinfected? Read on to find out how lemon can get rid of bad smelling sponges!
What you need:
- A lemon
- Hot water
- A bowl
- Smelly sponge (or several)
The steps :
1) Pour your hot water into the bowl.
2) Squeeze your lemon juice and add it to the warm water.
3) Soak the sponge in this mixture over night.
4) The next day rinse in clean water.