A lot of people distrust microwaves, using it rarely or not at all! On the contrary, others couldn’t do without it especially when it comes to reheating meals from the night before or even making hot chocolate in the morning. Everyone has their own way of doing things after all. However microwaves can get very dirty especially if you use it every day! Walls splattered with food stains after forgetting to put a lid on your tub or marks from overflowing pots prove that your microwave is an essential kitchen appliance. If you are looking for a minimal effort technique to clean your microwave which provides maximum results read on as this tip is right up your street!
What you need:
- A bowl
- 500 ml of water
- 2 generous tablespoons of white vinegar or alcohol
The Video :
The steps :
1) Fill the bowl with water then add the tablespoons of vinegar.
2) Secret tip: Add a toothpick to the bowl of water so it does not overflow.
3) Heat the bowl of vinegar and water for 5 minutes and use this time to clean the outside of your microwave.
4) After 5 minutes is up, leave the microwave door closed for a further 2 to 3 minutes so that the steam can work it’s magic.
5) Wipe down the inside of your microwave with a sponge. (You won’t even have to scrub as the residue will come away on its on.) Remember to clean the glass plate and underneath. Finish your microwave cleanse by giving a last wipe to remove any moisture!